It’s been a while since I did one of these posts. Let’s hope I remember how it works.
First, a few football lists:
Now, a few other notes:
- I’ve been playing a lot of Xbox 360 recently, and I told myself that I wasn’t going to buy NCAA Football 08 (a game I already owned for PS2), but I decided I wanted the practice on 360. Since then, I’ve accumulated an 8-7 record in online play, which is really the killer feature for me with the 360. I just didn’t think it would be so much fun to play against people I don’t know. Maybe it’s the attention-deprived only child in me coming out, but it’s still fun.
- If you’d asked me before last night’s game for a World Series pick, I probably would have said Red Sox in seven. Does anyone think the Rockies will last that long after their Game 1 drubbing? (Possibly so, since single game baseball results mean relatively little. But I digress…)
- How early is too early to start thinking about your NFL team’s draft slot for next year? I’ll be seeing them in person against the Falcons, perhaps one of 3-4 NFL teams the 49ers would have a chance to beat the way they’re playing. Alex Smith looked like he had regressed before his injury, so even if he starts this week against the Saints, it may not be pretty. The offensive line has completely broken down, and Frank Gore was openly questioning OC Jim Hostler’s playcalling in the media this week. This season hasn’t gone as expected, to say the least.
- In other NFL notes, the QB trio of Manning, Brady, and Favre will all have the chance to complete a “career sweep” in the coming weeks. Manning has never beaten the Panthers, while Brady has never beaten the Redskins. Both will get their chance this week. Favre has never beaten the Chiefs, and his chance will come in Week 9.
- It would be poetic justice for the undefeated ’72 Dolphins if Miami went 0-16 this year while either the Pats or Colts go undefeated. For some reason, it bugs me that they still celebrate when the last undefeated team loses, and I’m not really sure why it does.
- Fire Joe Morgan is up to no good again, this time because of Ozzie Guillen. This one was as much fun as I ever ‘rememeber’ having while ‘concetrating’ through another remarkably consistent JoeChat.
- I still don’t know what to make of Rudy Giuliani’s decision to root for the Red Sox in the World Series. I wouldn’t be voting for him anyway, but that would seriously make me reconsider things if I had planned on doing so.
- The “1,000,000 Strong For Stephen T Colbert” Facebook group is closing in on 900,000 people, and he’s polling better in his Presidential run than Richardson, Kucinich, and Gravel. What I really want to see out of this is a Colbert out-of-character public appearance. I’m not sure I can handle it, though.
That’s enough for today. I’ll have another preview for you tomorrow. And in case you’re wondering, I’ve opened a support ticket on the homepage of the plugin that seems to have broken the posting/commenting portions of the site. Hopefully that’ll be resolved soon.